• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Robert Haack Diamonds responds to their position...

bigdaddy1

I may be way off base here, but he certainly is a self centered whiner. He continuously insists this is some personal attack against him an his business.

However his comment about a potentially heated argument developing does provide some insight to his business practices. :eek:

Lurchiron

I may be way off base here, but he certainly is a self centered whiner. He continuously insists this is some personal attack against him an his business.

However his comment about a potentially heated argument developing does provide some insight to his business practices. :eek:

That, and Kessler's usually has more secure feeling locations anyway...:shocker:

View attachment 6113

wild boar

Wisconsin does not have constitutional carry...

...,so there is no language that refers to "shall not be infringed". SB 93 gives express rights to those who do, and do not carry. Also, there are inalienable rights to private property. I will not take part in any of these rights violation. I thought "we" were a constitutionally minded group concerned with all the rights within. Some are far too full of them selfs, and don't care who they hurt. I will not participate in your "shall not be infringed" group, so drop me from that part of WCI that allows this public abuse to occur. boar out

paul@paul-fisher.com

A better option, in my humble opinion, is to take no stance on the matter. That is what Starbucks did. You can search the forum on how many meet and greets there are all over the US at Starbucks.

Bret,

I would invite you to come join us this Friday, the 1st at Lizzie's for dinner. A bunch of us will show up starting around 6:30 pm. You can talk to Adam and Lizzie, the owners, and see what their experience has been.

In addition, I invite you to our get together this next Sunday at the Delavan Starbucks. We normally have 15-25 people. The record is 70! If you talk to the employees, you will get feedback as well.

See, we come with references!

protias

Bret,

I would invite you to come join us this Friday, the 1st at Lizzie's for dinner. A bunch of us will show up starting around 6:30 pm. You can talk to Adam and Lizzie, the owners, and see what their experience has been.

In addition, I invite you to our get together this next Sunday at the Delavan Starbucks. We normally have 15-25 people. The record is 70! If you talk to the employees, you will get feedback as well.

That is a fantastic idea Paul! :banana:

LR Yote 312

Considering how all of a sudden its on Fox news (see Glock 34's thread)....You might not be that far off base.

Why else would he go crying to the Anti gun crowd thats in Milwaukee.

LR Yote

wild boar

Over 1,600 views, 69 posts...

I don't think this is a popular movement. So just stop, and this news will go away. boar out.:(

MKEgal

wild boar said:
Wisconsin does not have constitutional carry, so there is no language that refers to "shall not be infringed".
1) Check out A1S25 of the WI Constitution, which clearly says we have RKBA.
2) The Constitutions only prevent infringement by gov't. A jewelry store isn't a gov't agency, so he can infringe all he wants.
And we can respect his wishes.

drop me from that part of WCI that allows this public abuse to occur. boar out
I see very little abuse. A few rude people, but most of us are relying on reason.
We can't know who has called him directly.

paul said:
I would invite you to come join us this Friday, the 1st at Lizzie's for dinner.
:monkey :banana: Fish fry!! This time I'll put it in the PDA & on the calendar.

Last edited:

wild boar

1) Check out A1S25 of the WI Constitution, which clearly says we have RKBA.
2) The Constitutions only prevent infringement by gov't. A jewelry store isn't a gov't agency, so he can infringe all he wants.
And we can respect his wishes.

I see very little abuse. A few rude people, but most of us are relying on reason.
We can't know who has called him directly.

Wisconsin residents do have the RKBA, as long as it is done by the letter of the law. I'm sure you remember that little clause regarding trespass. SB93 allows for this man, as well as anyone else to post their property. We don't have to like it, and I don't think our feelings were a consideration. I could be wrong, quite possibly the "WE" element has the right to bounce this mans wishes off the wall of public opinion on an international site. What do I know? boar out.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Wisconsin residents do have the RKBA, as long as it is done by the letter of the law. I'm sure you remember that little clause regarding trespass. SB93 allows for this man, as well as anyone else to post their property. We don't have to like it, and I don't think our feelings were a consideration. I could be wrong, quite possibly the "WE" element has the right to bounce this mans wishes off the wall of public opinion on an international site. What do I know? boar out.

Me begins to think you are arguing just to argue. Do you really not understand that everyone I've seen so far isn't saying they don't have a right to regulate their premisis? You could always respond to my post in the other thread.

Last edited:

wrightme

Well, ANY Right is still beholden to "the letter of the law." Why should this one be different?

He can choose who to allow in his business within the letter of the law also. Potential customers can also choose where to do business at their sole discretion and whim, AND the First Amendment protects the freedom of potential customers to speak to other potential customers if they so choose. Once again, within the letter of the law concerning libel/slander and such.

But, stating "I won't patronize," or even "let's boycott" are well within the letter of the law.

Thundar

Bret,

This is a winning strategy. Try to win him over. He has stepped in it. Give him a graceful exit from the quagmire. Only after patient and persistent persuasion has failed should you advance to the boycott, picket, name trashing, etc. (Don't burn the bridges until you are sure.)

wild boar

With him winning the in the press...

This is a winning strategy. Try to win him over. He has stepped in it. Give him a graceful exit from the quagmire. Only after patient and persistent persuasion has failed should you advance to the boycott, picket, name trashing, etc. (Don't burn the bridges until you are sure.)

...,and OCDO looking like the "kook right fringe", I can not believe you just posted what you did! Why does opposition bother you? If we had won constitutional carry people would still have property rights. Wake up man. boar out.

bigdaddy1

I agree that this is a boon of free advertising for Brett, and I don't believe he actually received any threats. I say let this issue die off, and let him take his business where he chooses to go with it.

If he wants to say we are "black listing" him, banishing him or its a "boycott" let him. Doesn't change the fact that he chooses to infringe on our right, and we can choose to shop where our right is NOT infringed upon.

wild boar

This is most certainly working in his favor.

I agree that this is a boon of free advertising for Brett, and I don't believe he actually received any threats. I say let this issue die off, and let him take his business where he chooses to go with it.

If he wants to say we are "black listing" him, banishing him or its a "boycott" let him. Doesn't change the fact that he chooses to infringe on our right, and we can choose to shop where our right is NOT infringed upon.

For me, this has been a ridiculous game of verbiage, and shifting focus. It's been the same thing from different directions, and sources. The 'WE" have come to say this is not about property rights. If, "the shoe were on the other foot", and it was their property, It sure would be. As you have suggested sir, just let the man go on his way. I don't like to see pages of purported threats held up to the public on the news, true, or not. It's not doing us any good, and as viewed, all members become a part of 'WE"..... boar out.