• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Robert Haack Diamonds responds to their position...

MKEgal

had a great experience this afternoon at Kessler's Germantown!

Trying to get info my insurance adjuster wants (about the jewelry that was stolen in the burglary Fri. night), I called Kessler's on County Line Rd. & 45 in Germantown to ask if they could help, & they said "sure, come on in!".

So I went.
Checked the doors on the way in, didn't say keep out.
Went to the desk, gave my name to the gal I'd talked w/ on the phone earlier (who did not freak out), she showed me to a table, gave me a chart to look at, & said she'd have a sales person come over in a couple minutes.

Pretty soon Bill Monday showed up & was quite helpful.
Even let me hold some of their very very pretty (& expensive!) diamonds... :drool:
(Seriously, I was holding a $13,000 ring. Did I mention it was very pretty? And did I mention I was armed?)

Had a nice chat, yes he noticed I was armed, no he didn't freak,
no other employees freaked,
no police showed up,
all in all a very nice experience, and not just because of what didn't happen.

I told him I'd tell my friends how well-received I was, & encourage you to take your business there.
Also added them to www.friendorfoe.us but the marker isn't in the right place.

Last edited:

jpm84092

Dear Bret,

I am a former Wisconsin resident who, while I was a WI resident, has shopped in your business. In my opinion, you have quality products at competitive prices. With that going for you, why alienate an entire class of Wisconsin citizens? I would like to remind you that you carefully consider the following. If one counts every WI Citizen who has applied for a deer tag or duck hunting license (and we must assume that they own a firearm capable of dropping a deer or a shotgun capable of dropping ducks), WI has a larger "free standing army" than many of the countries of Europe. And, even WI residents who do not want to carry a concealed firearm, are sympathetic to the WI Carry, the NRA, and the cause of the Second Amendment. The good Wisconsin Citizens view any restrictions on any firearms as a personal affront.

Previous wise Wisconsin residents have drawn your attention to the immunity clauses of AB-35 (SB-93 as amended). I am confident that your liability attorneys will point out the folly of posting a no firearms sign in front of your business locations. You have previously stated that you supported open carry, but a "no firearms" sign would apply to both concealed and open carry. (And, if you have not noticed, the members of this forum are very much pro-open-carry.)

I live in Utah. Several years ago, a man entered a mall in Salt Lake City with a shotgun and handgun. He killed several people before being stopped by a man with a Concealed Firearms Permit. The Wisconsin media played up the story as an off-duty Police Officer stopping a bad guy, but Bret, in Utah, off-duty police officers cannot carry handguns while not on duty - that is, unless they also have a UT Concealed Firearms Permit. And, the cop in question was visiting his family in Salt Lake, even though his area of jurisdiction was over 50 miles away. So, Bret, this was a citizen of Utah, who just happened to have a day job as a Police Officer in Logan County, exercising his right to carry a concealed firearm in Salt Lake County, not on his status as a Law Enforcement Officer, but on his status as a Utah Citizen with a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit.

So Bret, here is my offer to you.

I will be returning to Wisconsin either on labor day weekend or on the last weekend in September (any later and the snows in Wyoming and the high country of UT will be an issue). I will give you and your wife the Utah Concealed Firearms Permit Class for $1 each. Perhaps after that training, you will have a different perspective on Concealed Carry. (I teach the firearms familiarity and safety portion of the course using the NRA Pistol Course Slide Presentation.

protias

Bret seemed to not care about how well Starbucks has done by not alienating its customers, and he basically said, "So what?" I can honestly say, I will not shop at his store.

jpm84092

I have always enjoyed the Gun Free Zone video. However, my home is not a GUN FREE ZONE. Instead, it is defended by Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson, and Mr. Dan Wesson, and Mr. Charles Daley, as well as Mr Taurus, Mr Rossi, Mr. Ruger, and Mr. Mossberg. Mr Springfield has likewise contributed to my home defense with his Model 1911 and several more modern plastic products. And for those who like German things, Mr. Glock is a permanent resident in my home.

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
I have always enjoyed the Gun Free Zone video. However, my home is not a GUN FREE ZONE. Instead, it is defended by Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson, and Mr. Dan Wesson, and Mr. Charles Daley, as well as Mr Taurus, Mr Rossi, Mr. Ruger, and Mr. Mossberg. Mr Springfield has likewise contributed to my home defense with his Model 1911 and several more modern plastic products. And for those who like German things, Mr. Glock is a permanent resident in my home.

Amen, you are in the presence of good trustworthy company my brother in LIBERTY!

M

McX

Yes, we have allowed open carry people in our store, the last one about 4 months ago.

That's Mighty White of you! as you have probably noticed in another thread, carriers seek out places that respect their rights, and do business with them. In the case of the discussion in another thread, they did business with your competition.

Again, as a business owner, and from one business owner to another; Open Carriers make up a substancial amount of our business, they cause absolutely NO problems, no other customers have ever run at the sight of them, and they are fiercely loyal customers. You are missing out on an untapped market.

M

McX

JPM the IRS called, they want to know why you are listing all those Mr.'s on your tax return as dependants (snicker).

MKEgal

jpm84092 said:
And for those who like German things, Mr. Glock is a permanent resident in my home.
:monkey :banana: Another Glock convert. :lol:

McX said:
as you have probably noticed in other threads, carriers seek out places that respect their rights, and do business with them.
... they cause absolutely NO problems, no other customers have ever run at the sight of them, and they are fiercely loyal customers.
FTFY :)
There are many threads across OCDO talking about poor service at one store, vs. being well-received elsewhere.

Bret seems to have made his decision, & is unlikely to be persuaded to change his mind.
There are other places to patronize.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

The Guys ( Mr. Glock, The Ruger Triplets & Mossberg ) are always partying at my home, in fact the bums never leave :)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

oh...Herr Glock is actually Austrian..although during WW2 you would not have been able to tell the difference...