• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Skidmark proceeding to trial - Sept 13th, 2011

user

Accomplished Advocate
Well, he sees you when you're sleeping,
& knows when you're awake,
he knows if you've been bad or good...

Having a stalker can be scary. :lol:

And, furthermore, "He's making a list, checking it twice, gonna find out who's naughty or nice..."

Ever notice that "Santa" is an anagram of "Satan"?

Ever wonder why "Santa" wears a red suit?

Hmmmm...

(It's a good thing that God isn't keeping track like that. We'd all be in big trouble that a good lawyer can't cure. Glad someone came with a demonstration of the message of freedom for those enslaved to a system of shame, fear, and guilt. Colossians 2:13, 14.)

Of course, merely looking like Santa Claus doesn't make a person evil, necessarily. He could just be independently evil.

user

Accomplished Advocate
In my earlier congrats to Skid for the win, I failed to mention your outstanding legal maneuvering.

Thank you for a job well done, as it will benefit all of us.

I had intended to go to the dinner, but my wife found me asleep sitting up in bed after working all night and listening to Poindexrer spew all day. Thankfully Sidestreet was driving.

By the time I woke up it was already time to get ready to go back to work last night. Wish I would have been there to raise a glass to you and Skid.

Again, thanks for a job well done by you and Skidmark!

I appreciate the accolades, I really do. But it's really a big help when the client is actually not guilty of the crime with which he's been charged!!!

I would also like to recognize Diana Cox, DLC Reporting, our court reporter, who travelled to Surry from the Fredericksburg area for us for each of these hearings. She's done a wonderful job, and is a lovely person. I believe quite a number of our crew have fallen in love with her, probably for reasons having nothing to do with her ability to transcribe the proceedings accurately.

protias

And, furthermore, "He's making a list, checking it twice, gonna find out who's naughty or nice..."

Ever notice that "Santa" is an anagram of "Satan"?

Ever wonder why "Santa" wears a red suit?

Hmmmm...

(It's a good thing that God isn't keeping track like that. We'd all be in big trouble that a good lawyer can't cure. Glad someone came with a demonstration of the message of freedom for those enslaved to a system of shame, fear, and guilt. Colossians 2:13, 14.)

Of course, merely looking like Santa Claus doesn't make a person evil, necessarily. He could just be independently evil.

It is a good thing Santa Clause is based on Saint Nicholas instead of Satan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I appreciate the accolades, I really do. But it's really a big help when the client is actually not guilty of the crime with which he's been charged!!!

I would also like to recognize Diana Cox, DLC Reporting, our court reporter, who travelled to Surry from the Fredericksburg area for us for each of these hearings. She's done a wonderful job, and is a lovely person. I believe quite a number of our crew have fallen in love with her, probably for reasons having nothing to do with her ability to transcribe the proceedings accurately.

+1 for Diana!
I assume it was her husband that accompanied her this time, and he's an interesting fellow too. I shared a little information about Tucker, the original guard who has been conspicuously absent....her husband let out a whoop and said, I told you that's what happened:lol:

I heard a rumor that someone with the group bought their lunch at Surrey House.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
And 20 minutes worth to me!

Yep....First River Rat got a good statement which I have on Video, then I tried to get him to blow up again, which he didn't do. He did say a few idiotic things but he was obviously a whipped puppy and trying to look professional, then you cornered him, I got a little of that, and it looked like you two were having a serious conversation.

I can say with some confidence that Surry County is now a safer place for Law Abiding OC'ers and I know for a fact that Securiguard is on notice that their BS won't be tolerated.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
If it ever needs to, I have it.

Unfortunately, outside of the court house it doesn't constitute contempt...but it is an unbelievably good catch Ed!
If it was any judge other than Zepkin, Poindexter would never win another case.

I'm not sure Zepkin is capable of anything except by the book....but I still think he would not be a happy camper.

TFred

Unfortunately, outside of the court house it doesn't constitute contempt...but it is an unbelievably good catch Ed!
If it was any judge other than Zepkin, Poindexter would never win another case.

I'm not sure Zepkin is capable of anything except by the book....but I still think he would not be a happy camper.
As an "officer of the court", isn't he held to some higher standard with regard to statements like that?

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
As an "officer of the court", isn't he held to some higher standard with regard to statements like that?

TFred

To an extent TFred. I don't have a cite but a number of years ago in Richmond, one of the more active lawyers in the area ran into a Richmond Circuit Court Judge that he had been before a week or so earlier, and had lost the case.

He told the Judge that was the most idiotic F***ing decision he's ever heard.

The Judge cited him for contempt and on appeal the courts ruled that it was protected as free speech after he passed the court house steps.

During Eddie Vaughn's reign of terror as CA in Hanover, he had an extremely mouthy assistant CA working for him.

Judge Beaver got tired of his antics and barred him from the court. He told Vaughn he could hire who he pleased but not to send him to his court again.

He eventually had to rescind that order but I don't think he ever got another conviction and Vaughn eventually let him go.

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
There is also the case where I say something that I believe to be true today and next week my belief is proved wrong. Technically a lie but I wasn't lying.

The best example of that would be Colin Powell saying there were WMD's in Iraq because he was told they were there and Saddam bragged he had them. Many years later, we found out intelligence was wrong and Saddam was a big liar. While Powell was technically lying, he was mislead.

That's not a lie. I lie has to have intent, that is an intent to deceive. Otherwise scientists would all be liars, but they find more data to show they were wrong and advance our knowledge. Being wrong is not lying it's learning.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
There were two times (that counted) when ALL deputies were either out of the room or sequestered in the witness room. I wonder if the judge and Mr. P. Ever noticed that they were in a room with a bunch of gun owners and had no security at times.

Here us THAT part :)

Peter holds out his index finer and asks Poindexter if this (his finger) look like a gun?

http://edsfiles.us/audio/doesthislooklikeagun.mp3

Why do I get a red x in a little box? I know I'm doing something wrong, but what?

stay safe.

VW_Factor

That's not a lie. I lie has to have intent, that is an intent to deceive. Otherwise scientists would all be liars, but they find more data to show they were wrong and advance our knowledge. Being wrong is not lying it's learning.

Scientists aren't the best example in this case IMO. They will openly admit (a good scientist anyway) that they do not know exactly whatever it is they are researching, etc. Thats the reason they will test and research, etc. Theories, etc, may suggest something.. A scientist will tell you just that, however should or will always conduct more research.

You may not have had ill will, nor did you attempt to deceive anyone by saying, passing along information that was not true (when in fact you believed it to be the truth). Which I can imagine happens quite a bit, and there is nothing to feel bad about in such dealings. Such as, I will not even begin to pretend or pass along information I might assume about horses (I know they eat a lot, poop a lot, and people can ride them) as truths, because I do not know for certain, etc.. I can say what I know about it, but then again.. I might be lying and not even know it.

Removing the ill will or intent doesn't make a lie, not a lie. It merely removes the intent to deceive. What an honorable and good natured person would do in this case, is apologize and admit his mistake, and move on. I think this is where the difference lies.. >.> (pun intended)

Then, I'll apologize in advance, I don't mean to bring into this thread another discussion.

-Carry on.

Blk97F150

Was any mention ever made of whether it was the right finger that was brandished or the left?

Right.

One interesting note about the 'point' itself, when the security supervisor re-enacted 'the point' on the witness stand, he VERY deliberately extended his thumb upwards..... trying to give as much of a 'handgun like' appearance as he could. It was clearly an unnatural way to point towards something (or someone).

Obviously Skid's re-enactment was much more natural looking, and what you would expect to see when someone points their finger in emphasis.