• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Skidmark proceeding to trial - Sept 13th, 2011

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'd try to right click the link and save it on your computer.

It's on video Skid. You'll see and hear it soon enough.:lol:

Ed and River Rat are also on it and both approached him very effectively. Ed spent so much time with him he was late for lunch.

I have to say that every person there made an extremely good impression. I had to laugh at Securiguards lawyer who is afraid of armed people picketing his house.

Badger Johnson

People are just unable to place the proper blame on themselves, or to admit culpability. It goes both ways.

For example, hubby comes in from work, good provider, good hubby and father and sits down and reads the paper, puts his feet up being tired from a long day.

Wife sees him and being an unimaginative and unappreciative person and looking outside herself for blame says: "You make me very unhappy".

Hubby: "Uh, huh...wait, what?"

Wife: "You come in here and pass by and read the paper and ignore me and I'm now sad".

Hubby: "Oh, did you have a bad day?"

Wife: "I sat here and fed YOUR child and had no adults to talk to..."

Hubby: "Well, I'll stay home and you can go out and get a job and have plenty of adults to talk to...."

Wife: Bursts into tears.

-----
Who is at fault?

Repeater

"Rules of Professional Conduct"

As an "officer of the court", isn't he held to some higher standard with regard to statements like that?

TFred

This is the standard that matters:

Rule 3.8 - Additional Responsibilities Of A Prosecutor
A lawyer engaged in a prosecutorial function shall:
  • not file or maintain a charge that the prosecutor knows is not supported by probable cause;
  • not knowingly take advantage of an unrepresented defendant;
  • not instruct or encourage a person to withhold information from the defense after a party has been charged with an offense;
  • make timely disclosure to counsel for the defendant, or to the defendant if he has no counsel, of the existence of evidence which the prosecutor knows tends to negate the guilt of the accused, mitigate the degree of the offense, or reduce the punishment, except when disclosure is precluded or modified by order of a court; and
  • not direct or encourage investigators, law enforcement personnel, employees or other persons assisting or associated with the prosecutor in a criminal case to make an extrajudicial statement that the prosecutor would be prohibited from making under Rule 3.6.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Scientists aren't the best example in this case IMO. They will openly admit (a good scientist anyway) that they do not know exactly whatever it is they are researching, etc. Thats the reason they will test and research, etc. Theories, etc, may suggest something.. A scientist will tell you just that, however should or will always conduct more research.

You may not have had ill will, nor did you attempt to deceive anyone by saying, passing along information that was not true (when in fact you believed it to be the truth). Which I can imagine happens quite a bit, and there is nothing to feel bad about in such dealings. Such as, I will not even begin to pretend or pass along information I might assume about horses (I know they eat a lot, poop a lot, and people can ride them) as truths, because I do not know for certain, etc.. I can say what I know about it, but then again.. I might be lying and not even know it.

Removing the ill will or intent doesn't make a lie, not a lie. It merely removes the intent to deceive. What an honorable and good natured person would do in this case, is apologize and admit his mistake, and move on. I think this is where the difference lies.. >.> (pun intended)

Then, I'll apologize in advance, I don't mean to bring into this thread another discussion.

-Carry on.

My point is that scientist and science in general agree on something, thinking with all good intent that something is "right". Then further research shows it wasn't right. Are the scientists liars? No of course not, they now have to modify what they said to reflect the new data. That was all I meant.

A lie isn't just being wrong about something it has to be known that the information being conveyed is false. The intent is to deceive.

nuc65

Activist Member
People are just unable to place the proper blame on themselves, or to admit culpability. It goes both ways.

For example, hubby comes in from work, good provider, good hubby and father and sits down and reads the paper, puts his feet up being tired from a long day.

Wife sees him and being an unimaginative and unappreciative person and looking outside herself for blame says: "You make me very unhappy".

Hubby: "Uh, huh...wait, what?"

Wife: "You come in here and pass by and read the paper and ignore me and I'm now sad".

Hubby: "Oh, did you have a bad day?"

Wife: "I sat here and fed YOUR child and had no adults to talk to..."

Hubby: "Well, I'll stay home and you can go out and get a job and have plenty of adults to talk to...."

Wife: Bursts into tears.

-----
Who is at fault?

You both are.

sha-ul

positive resoloution

I have not been able to keep up on this case as much as I would have liked to, I am very glad that the prayers of many were heard& justice prevailed.

Any ideas of the next step?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Would it be harassement to put that on Skid's car anytime he takes the ferry? Would be funny to see their reaction.

The "thumb up" position makes it look too much like a pretend gun for me.

Skid was given a T-shirt with the below "pointing finger" image on it, but in black outline on gray.

This is more accurately depicts the gesture he used.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

Skid was given a T-shirt with the below "pointing finger" image on it, but in black outline on gray.

It would go great with a shock-troop armband.... I want one.... What I would have paid (if I had anything to pay) to see him wearing that on the stand had it been given to him in advance.... But after the dismissal was denied, I doubt he was feeling up to that sort of thing....

Glad you made it Skid! You're effing awesome!

Jonesy

Amazing audio there, Poindexter asserting that finger pointing made a close case for brandishing. And then whining about alledgely calling someone "big boy"??? I have to blame the judge for letting this go to trial. Total waste of taxpayer money and Skid's money. No one should have to go through this for pointing a finger. Thanks for standing up to them.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Amazing audio there, Poindexter asserting that finger pointing made a close case for brandishing. And then whining about alledgely calling someone "big boy"??? I have to blame the judge for letting this go to trial. Total waste of taxpayer money and Skid's money. No one should have to go through this for pointing a finger. Thanks for standing up to them.

This is the video:

[video=vimeo;29293771]http://vimeo.com/29293771[/video]

Notice he called me "Brother".

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate

Actually, on cross-examination, I asked Mr. Wyche whether he was right-handed or left-handed ("right"); whether he carried his gun on his right side or left ("right"); and when he had an occasion to point his finger, which hand did he use ("right"). He demonstrated how he points his finger, making the thumb-and-finger "pistol" form of pointing, using his right hand. The evidence was that Skidmark also pointed with his right hand, but with his thumb down, and using his index and middle finger extended together, a very different gesture. However, there was no question that when Mr. Wyche pointed his finger, his hand went past where his gun would have been. Since Skidmark was using the appendix-carry holster position, his hand never really went near his gun, again, according to the evidence.

So apparently, by his estimation, every time Wyche points his finger while carrying a gun (he's a DCJS certified armed private security guard) he's brandishing, since he's making a threatening, gun-like gesture designed to instill fear in the minds of others, because his hand sweeps past his hip-carried gun in a pistol-simulation, obviously intended to threaten others with deadly force.

user

Accomplished Advocate
...Thanks for standing up to them.

Thanks to the folks of this community for financing our ability to do so.

We got contributions from all over the U.S. and several foreign countries.

I think that collectively, the effect was, "You ain't gonna mess with us."